Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wild Imaginings

When I told an acquaintance of mine that I just finished writing my third book, she asked me, "Where do you get all these ideas?" Good question. Where do writers get their ideas? Are we inherently just more imaginative than the next person? Everyone has wild imaginations but a writer takes it further. He takes the time and effort to put it down, to capture the moment and have it etched forever in something concrete. He plays with the beauty of the words coming together to make a story that's unique to his style and personality.
I told my acquaintance that if I had all the time in the world, I probably would have written more than a hundred books by now. That's how wild my imaginings are. Ideas come to me everyday when I'm awake and even when I'm asleep. I just have to filter them out and decide which one has the right elements to make it into a viable story.

2 comments:

  1. wow.. i am a writer as well, but my book has not been published yet. i'm quite terrified to let my work be read by everybody... but i'll have it edited soon. any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Nightcrawler:
    It is scary when you have your first book out there in the open, for everyone to read but if you, are passionate about and, believe in what you are writing, then it will all be worth it. Just keep an open mind and keep writing and re-writing.

    ReplyDelete