Monday, February 7, 2011

Proud to be a Packer Fan!

Packers fans can now heave a sigh of relief! (Speaking for myself, of course.) Super Bowl is over and the Packers came out as the Champions! Watching the game was stressful, to say the least. I could not sit down. I sat right next to my husband at first who's just as bad as I am about getting stressed watching the Packers' games. I usually am the calmer one. But not last night. I had to get away from him because he was giving me these looks like I was crazy. Maybe I am. I'm sure I'm not alone, though. I was moaning for every dropped pass and missed opportunity and muttering prayers just before a play was executed. I could tell I was driving my husband nuts! Usually, it was the other way around.
I don't know how I became this way. I never even heard of football before I came to this country. But here I am, crazy over football and the Green Bay Packers in particular. So, you can just imagine me jumping up and down last night and screaming when they won. My boys were jumping up and down with me. (We let them stay up late to watch the Super Bowl--their first Packer Super Bowl ever! We didn't want them to miss the chance to see it. Who knows when the Packers will go back to another Super Bowl? [But being a loyal Packer fan, I always believe that they will go every year!] It's my third Packer Super Bowl, however. I watched Brett Favre win it in '97 and lose it the following year.)
I wish to be in Green Bay for the Welcome Parade. (I believe that's tomorrow.) But since I can't, I can only send my heart out there, my congratulations on a job well done (despite the adversity the team faced all year long) and the PRIDE, in tremendous amounts, of a Packer fan!
Go Pack Go!

1 comment: