Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Priscilla Ahn: An Alternative Music

The first time I heard the song, "Dream," was when I watched the movie, "Bride Wars." I liked how simple it sounded; how the voice was emphasized and not the melody. It sounded "dreamy" and enchanting to me. But I did not take the time to find out what the title of the song or who the artist was. The last time I watched the movie, I actually paused the song credits to find out. I made out the performer's name to be Priscilla Aha. I went online and did a search and I came up with Priscilla Ahn. Immediately, I was intrigued. I had known someone from college with the same last name who was also South Korean. Not that I had any thought about them being related. (But, who knows?) It just sparked some good memories of college with a dear friend who is now back in Seoul, South Korea. Anyway, this was kind of how I connected with this artist. Plus, when I listened to the entire song, "Dream," I couldn't get enough of it. I bought Priscilla Ahn's CD, "A Good Day," and I love it! Her voice is just wonderful, wholesome and pure. She is a very talented musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment