Thursday, August 5, 2010

"A Walk to Remember": A Movie to Remember

I don't know why it took me such a long time to see this movie. It came out eight years ago and where was I? I read the book back in 2006 (a very good friend of mine lent it to me) but was not compelled enough to see the movie. Don't get me wrong. I loved the book but I just didn't want my love for the book to be ruined by my high expectations of the movie. Anyway, more than a week ago, I was looking for something to watch when I saw it on HBO. So I recorded it. It started at about 11pm. I stayed up to watch it and I just had to finish it. I cried my eyes out. Then I got up early the next morning and watched it again before the kids woke up. I cried again. Thus, my obsession began. I haven't been obsessed about a movie in this magnitude since "Pride and Prejudice." I'd say my obsession with "A Walk to Remember" is more than I've ever had before. I now have the DVD, the soundtrack CD and bought a copy and re-read the book. It has impacted me on an intimate level emotionally and spiritually like no other movie had.

No comments:

Post a Comment